~ Demi Masa ~

Sunday, September 20, 2015

~:: bUbByE dC ::~

“Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Scott Cameron
Location: Freedom Plaza, DC

This past one week has been quite a journey.. both for work and leisure.. Who I am, and what I am capable of doing has surprise even myself... fear & excitement merge into one..

While travelling alone.. I found myself.. Well actually, I never really alone.. there is always someone I met along the way.. Alhamdulillah.. I really felt like Someone is watching over me.. And wearing a hijab give me an identity of who I am.. there were always smiles and salams received.. there was one funny incident... It was when one day I was about to ask for direction.. I was sort of get scolded for not giving salam first before asking.. how am I suppose to know he is a also a muslim.. but then realising his mistake.. he praised me for wearing hijab.. he said wearing it gives you an identity.. so even if you are travelling alone.. there is always your brothers and sisters that will help taking care of you.. I felt really touched.. 

Saving my allowances to extend the visit and staying hungry and tired for a long walk just to be safe on the budget has really paid off.. it's worth it.. Being alone had let me to really understand the meaning of 'Let go.. Let God.. '.. Alhamdulillah I feel blessed..  

~::***::~